Hey Party People (that’s you guys)!!!! I’m alive! I’ve had a lot going on in my offline life and I apologize for being MIA. I was going to blog about the things that have been keeping me from updating, but when I wrote it out, the list looked all piddly and small and unacceptable. So! I decided to augment the list with things that I’ve been doing that maybe I normally wouldn’t get credit or praise for doing…even though I totally should. See if you can tell which are “legit” activities and which I think SHOULD be legit…but probably aren’t.
- I got a job! If this isn’t legit, I don’t know what is. I’ve left the ranks of the funemployed and I’m back working for the man.
- I’ve taken Kosbie out for a walk EVERY day! At least 3 times a day.
- I made my gentleman friend watch season 1 of True Blood. That’s 12 hours of work right there.
- I took the bar exam. Ok, fine. Maybe my friend Virginia did that, but I totally bought her a cupcake afterwards and heard all about it. So it’s kind of like I did it?
- I furminated Kosbie. (Somehow she is still shedding 354 pounds of fur per hour.)
- I’m in tech week for my show! Any of you out there who’ve done theatre know that tech week means BUSINESS TIME.
- I found an amazing bakery in the town where I live. They have the most perfect cupcakes. The cake/frosting ratio is spot on and eating them is like going to heaven .
- Kicking up the job search – as I mentioned earlier, I’ve acquired employment, but it’s part time, so I’m still on the hunt for work and I’ve even had a few interviews! (Marian, this doodle reminds me of all that you are battling in the universe.)
- I’ve read 300 pages of The Bastard. The main character, Phillipe, got drunk with Benjamin Franklin. Epic.
- I have made progress catching up to the current season of Dexter. If you don’t watch this show, start immediately. I just finished season 2 and it was AWESOME. Watching this series can be emotionally draining and time consuming.
So yeah! That’s what’s been going on…the list still looks really short… Anyhoo! I promise to write again soon, friends! OH! And guess what else! I got a scanner!!! Well, technically, I didn’t get anything. My gentleman friend got a 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier and is going to let me use it! This means that SOON I will be posting hand drawn comics again! Toot toot!! Just have to set the little guy up – that should be happening in the next few days, so get excited! Also, if you enjoy ridiculous pictures of me, check out the updated Cookie Cake post for a special treat!