Greetings! Today is the first day in forever that the only thing on my “to do” list is “blog.” It. Feels. Glorious. I’ve been burning the jets with work and Othello, so I’m pretty pooped. At the same time, the end of a show is always sad. Theatre is so fleeting! I always look through my script before I put it away and this time, in addition to notes, beat work and thoughts about my character, I found a lot of doodles. I thought it would be fun to catalog the doodles I made throughout the rehearsal process and see what they reveal about me. Here’s a list of my findings: Continue reading
Hi guys! It’s Friday! And my day off! I apologize in advance if this post is a little all over the place, but I’ve got lots to share with you and I can’t think of a good way to connect all of it together in a cohesive narrative. I think bullet points might be the best way to tackle my scatterbrained…ness?
- I’ve been meaning to post about this sooner, but I’ve drawn some comics for the kick-ass website, Strawberries and Scream, and you should totally go check them out!
- I thought you might enjoy a picture from the show I’m in right now. Collaborative Arts presents: Othello by William Shakespeare (I play Bianca, a courtesan – but you might have been able to guess that after seeing the picture).
- I joined the Twitter! I’m sure you could tell by the Twitter updates over there on the sidebar under the words “ME ON THE TWITTER.” I finally signed up after years of resisting because Marian convinced me and she’s the best. If I’ve got any tweeters out there, follow me! Or not, it’s your call. My username is Glynnis_O
- FYI – My gentleman friend was not pleased about the Coupon Crazy post I wrote. It got even worse when it turned out to be one of my most popular entries…200 views and counting. Thus, he has decided to retaliate and write a guest post for The Kosbie Show which I am “not allowed to edit at all.” This should be interesting…something to look forward to in the coming weeks!
- Last but not least, because it’s Friday and we all love to laugh, check out this video of two of my favorite comediennes/heroes, Madeline Kahn and Gilda Radner.
Well, that’s all for now folks! You have a good weekend, Kosbie fans!
It’s me! “Too Busy To Update As Much As I Want To Glynnis!” Today I am going to write a little bit about my personal life, so get ready for some in your face information about yours truly (it’s not that in your face, I’m just sensationalizing so that you will keep reading)! I’ve recently started cohabitating with my gentleman friend and it is awesome. It’s like hang out time with your best friend ALL THE TIME! In addition to getting to spend lots of my time with my gentleman friend, I get to learn things about him that I may not have noticed before we lived in the same place. The most interesting thing I have learned thus far is that my gentleman friend LOVES coupons. HARD. Continue reading
Hey Party People (that’s you guys)!!!! I’m alive! I’ve had a lot going on in my offline life and I apologize for being MIA. I was going to blog about the things that have been keeping me from updating, but when I wrote it out, the list looked all piddly and small and unacceptable. So! I decided to augment the list with things that I’ve been doing that maybe I normally wouldn’t get credit or praise for doing…even though I totally should. See if you can tell which are “legit” activities and which I think SHOULD be legit…but probably aren’t.
- I got a job! If this isn’t legit, I don’t know what is. I’ve left the ranks of the funemployed and I’m back working for the man.
- I’ve taken Kosbie out for a walk EVERY day! At least 3 times a day.
- I made my gentleman friend watch season 1 of True Blood. That’s 12 hours of work right there.
- I took the bar exam. Ok, fine. Maybe my friend Virginia did that, but I totally bought her a cupcake afterwards and heard all about it. So it’s kind of like I did it?
- I furminated Kosbie. (Somehow she is still shedding 354 pounds of fur per hour.)
- I’m in tech week for my show! Any of you out there who’ve done theatre know that tech week means BUSINESS TIME.
- I found an amazing bakery in the town where I live. They have the most perfect cupcakes. The cake/frosting ratio is spot on and eating them is like going to heaven .
- Kicking up the job search – as I mentioned earlier, I’ve acquired employment, but it’s part time, so I’m still on the hunt for work and I’ve even had a few interviews! (Marian, this doodle reminds me of all that you are battling in the universe.)
- I’ve read 300 pages of The Bastard. The main character, Phillipe, got drunk with Benjamin Franklin. Epic.
- I have made progress catching up to the current season of Dexter. If you don’t watch this show, start immediately. I just finished season 2 and it was AWESOME. Watching this series can be emotionally draining and time consuming.
So yeah! That’s what’s been going on…the list still looks really short… Anyhoo! I promise to write again soon, friends! OH! And guess what else! I got a scanner!!! Well, technically, I didn’t get anything. My gentleman friend got a 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier and is going to let me use it! This means that SOON I will be posting hand drawn comics again! Toot toot!! Just have to set the little guy up – that should be happening in the next few days, so get excited! Also, if you enjoy ridiculous pictures of me, check out the updated Cookie Cake post for a special treat!